2018 ARES Simulated Emergency Test
Colorado ARES will be participating in a Simulated Emergency Test (SET) on 06 OCT 2018. Participating agencies include:
- CO ARES Districts
- County EOC’s (actual or simulated)
- State EOC
Purpose: This test is intended to validate the following FEMA categories:
- Mission Area: RESPONSE
- Core Capabilities: Situational Assessment, Operational Communication
Objectives for the 2018 ARES SET include:
- Activation of participating ARES Districts via their respective County EOC (actual EOC or simulated).
- Establishment of ARES District controlled nets to gather Situation Reports from ARES members and communicate reports to the county EOC (actual EOC or simulated) via radio traffic.
- Consolidation of District Level Situation Reports and communication of consolidated reports from the County EOC to the State EOC via radio traffic (voice and digital).
Your District Emergency Coordinator will provide more information regarding your Districts participation and plans as information becomes available.